Tim Hayes has represented and defended healthcare facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis clinics, and professionals in professional liability matters since 1990. This representation has included doctors, nurses, dentists, nurse practitioners, and other professionals in all stages of litigation in state and federal courts. Tim also has extensive experience representing insureds of insurance companies in litigation and matters involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, construction law, automobile, premises liability, and insurance coverage disputes. Tim has a large practice defending trucking companies and their drivers in liability lawsuits.
Tim is a life-long Memphian and graduated from Memphis University School in 1982. In his spare time, Tim can be found with his wife Stephanie and their three daughters Camille, Catherine, and Virginia. When he finds time to escape from his busy professional and family life, Tim enjoys duck hunting, fishing, riding his bike, and hanging out at his hunting club in Arkansas.
Professional Organizations and Awards
- Memphis Bar Association, member
- Tennessee Bar Association, member
- Best Lawyers
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Memphis Bar Association, Board of Directors 2012-2015
- Memphis Bar Association, Fellow
- Crotts v. Benchmark Mech. Contrs., Inc., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 83.
- Delashmit v. City of Covington, 889 S.W.2d 206 (Tenn. 1994).
- Dollar v. Florida Steel Corp., 1998 Tenn. LEXIS 29.
- Fisher v. Makowsky & Ringel, Inc., 1992 Tenn. App. LEXIS 430.
- Gamble v. Mintz, 1991 Tenn. App. LEXIS 47.
- Haywood v. Ormet Aluminum Mill Prods. Corp., 2002 Tenn. LEXIS 201.
- Holder v. Terminex Int’l. Co., L.P., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 470.
- Jones v. Tipton County, 1997 Tenn. App. LEXIS 697.
- Keeling v. Florida Steel, 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 162.
- McPherson v. William E. George, Inc., 2010 Tenn. App. LEXIS 276.
- Moore v. Town of Collierville, 124 S.W.3d 93 (Tenn. 2004).
- Myers v. AMISUB (SFH), Inc., 382 S.W.3d 300 (Tenn. 2012).
- Parks v. Tennessee Mun. League Risk Mgmt. Pool, 974 S.W.2d 677 (Tenn. 1998).
- Rushing v. Amisub (SFH), Inc., 2017 Tenn. App. LEXIS 90.
- Smith v. Methodist Hospitals of Memphis, 995 S.W.2d 584 (Tenn.App. 1999).
- Thomas v. Pointer, 2012 Tenn. App. LEXIS 443.
- Thompson v. Ameristeel Corp., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 480.
- West v. AMISUB (SFH), Inc., 2013 Tenn. App. LEXIS 191.